Welcome to our page dedicated to fishing in the charming market town of Dorchester, nestled in the heart of the picturesque Dorset countryside. The town is surrounded by a range of fishing opportunities that cater to all levels of fishing enthusiasts. Serene canals, stunning lakes, and winding rivers provide the perfect spot to catch a variety of fish species. Whether you are a seasoned angler in search of carp, pike, or trout, or a beginner looking for a unique experience, Dorchester offers a range of exciting fishing spots to explore. So join us as we uncover the hidden treasures of fishing in Dorchester, where the natural beauty of Dorset meets the thrill of the catch.
- Revels Fishery
- Pallington Lakes
- Warmwell Fisheries Dorset
- Higher Kingcombe Coarse Fishing
- Summerlands Farm Fishery
- West Compton Manor Fishing
- Luckfield Lake
- Heath Lake
- River Frome: The River Frome flows through Dorchester, offering anglers the opportunity to catch species such as chub, dace, roach, and grayling. Access points can be found in various locations around the town. A valid Environment Agency rod license and a permit from a local angling club are required.
- Warmwell Holiday Park Fishing Lakes: Located near Dorchester, Warmwell Holiday Park features well-stocked fishing lakes with species like carp, tench, bream, and roach. Facilities include ample parking and toilets. Day tickets are available for purchase on-site.
- Revels Fishery: Situated close to Dorchester, Revels Fishery offers excellent coarse fishing opportunities across several well-maintained lakes. Anglers can target species such as carp, tench, and bream. To fish at this location, a day ticket or membership with the local angling club is required.
In summary, Dorchester and its surrounding areas present a diverse range of superb fishing locations for anglers to uncover. Always follow local rules and regulations, and savor the peaceful pastime of angling in this enchanting region.