Bicester, a thriving town in Oxfordshire, England, is known for its shopping village, historic market town charm, and picturesque countryside. For fishing enthusiasts, Bicester and its surrounding areas offer several exciting angling opportunities. From well-stocked lakes to tranquil rivers, anglers of all skill levels can find a perfect spot to cast their line. In this brief guide, we’ll highlight some top fishing locations in and around Bicester.
- Field Farm Fisheries Launton
- Trow Pool
- Pimlico Farm
- Lodge Farm Fishing
- Glebe Leisure Touring Caravan Park
- Bicester and District Angling Association (BDAA) Lakes: BDAA manages several fishing lakes in the Bicester area, offering a range of coarse fishing opportunities. Anglers can target species such as carp, tench, bream, and roach. A BDAA membership or day ticket is required to fish these lakes.
- River Cherwell: The River Cherwell flows through Oxfordshire, offering anglers the chance to catch chub, roach, dace, and even barbel. Access points can be found in several locations around Bicester. A valid Environment Agency rod license and a permit from a local angling club are required.
- Linear Fisheries: Located near Bicester, Linear Fisheries is a popular destination for carp anglers, with several well-stocked lakes to choose from. Facilities include ample parking, toilets, and a café. Day tickets can be purchased on-site.
In summary, Bicester and its surrounding areas offer various fantastic fishing locations for anglers to explore. Remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and enjoy your time on the water.